PDA

View Full Version : Last horror movie

markspencer
03-19-2011, 02:18 PM
What's the last spooky movie have you seen ?

ME: Final destination

realitypixel
04-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Ghosts of Hanley House (http://www.archive.org/details/GhostsOfHanleyHouse)
I just Discovered this. It is a late 1960's (I believe) low budget, amateur haunted house film. Because it is an amateur film, it does have a few technical problems. In spite of its problems I give this film my approval because it has a genuinely spooky atmosphere both visually and in regard to the synthesizer sound effects used. This film is actually pretty creepy toward the end. There are some elements of his film that are similar to elements in Evil Dead II such as: trails in the woods changing, clocks behaving oddly, creative use of smoke, a spooky cellar, and a few others. I hope some others enjoys it.

http://www.archive.org/details/GhostsOfHanleyHouse

Just_Morticia
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
some goofy ass movie on Netflix about John Wayne Gacy's house and some 'ghosthunters' that were killed and disappeared during a 'paranormal investigation'.. It was OK... Slow, but when it started to get real.. I woulda just LEFT..came back for the equiptment another day. lol

Fallen Angel
05-25-2011, 06:44 PM
I love those goofy ass movies, Morticia. I am currently watching Pinocchio's Revenge courtesy of Netflix!

Hauntiholik
05-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Just recently I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula on blu-ray. I can't say that I noticed a difference in what I was watching.

Janet
05-26-2011, 06:32 PM
I think that blu-ray is a bit over rated and expensive. I have blu-ray but still buy mostly DVD

Hauntiholik
05-26-2011, 06:38 PM
I think that blu-ray is a bit over rated and expensive. I have blu-ray but still buy mostly DVD
Yes, call me stupid. We don't buy many movies at all but if it's something I want, when they are available I get the blu-ray combo pack so I can watch it on the playstation or convert it to be played on my phone.

Just_Morticia
06-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Saturday night LATE (def after midnight)CW Network "Elvira's Movie Macabre"--I was shocked to see she was back as this was dated 2010 LOLVERY bad B movie from 1963-- With a very,very young Jack Nicholson called "the Terror"

Just_Morticia
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Resident Evil 4--which was a definite SUCK fest...I didn't even stay in the room to watch the end LOL

Just_Morticia
07-19-2011, 12:08 AM
DEVIL-- and someone needs to smack me next time I say I am going to sit through a Shamalyn movie ever again.....

MadBalls
07-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Night of The Demons remake it was good and selling the dead on TMC

Just_Morticia
08-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Insideous--recommend :D

Eric J
09-06-2011, 12:30 AM
some goofy ass movie on Netflix about John Wayne Gacy's house and some 'ghosthunters' that were killed and disappeared during a 'paranormal investigation'.. It was OK... Slow, but when it started to get real.. I woulda just LEFT..came back for the equiptment another day. lol

Now that sounds like an Amityville-type of film. Especially since the Gacy house was torn down a few days after the investigation. Besides that, how was the film at the end?

arodriguez
10-05-2011, 09:11 PM
best horror movie: return of the swamp thing (saw it at a park in nyc)

Just_Morticia
10-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Eric J--so good I don't remember..honestly LOL

Let's see --Last Horror movie-- more of a Mind F&ck movie.....
The Strangers this morning on FX

Eric J
07-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Wasted my time with Return To Sleepaway Camp. Also Sleepy Hollow High. That one I didn't even get 20 minutes into; I guess it isn't a good sign if one scans through even the deleted scenes and trailer for the movie. It was that lame.

llewis
07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I tried to watch Shutter Island, but for all the marketing of it being a "scary" movie, it wasn't scary at all.

larry
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah... Shutter Island really did not really seem like a "horror" movie.

sitti
07-25-2012, 05:38 AM
I can't remember the last horror movie that I saw... but Insiduous is the last horror movie that I thought was really worth watching :) simple story, simple effects and it was simply efffective. The scene that made my heart pound was when the family was in the dining area and the man with the red face suddenly appeared behind one of the characters. I can't find other movies with this approach, simple and effective.. does anyone have any suggestions?

Eric J
09-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I got Mortuary, Let Me In and Poltergeist from the library. Ended up skipping through Poltergeist I wasn't able to focus on it.:p

fairy666tale
09-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Haunted office (Korean movie). It wasn't as scary as I hoped, but it was pretty funny.

BabyDoll
02-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Mama was the last horror movie I saw, it wasn't scary at all. It started good but as they started speeding up the events it became boring, but still it was fun to watch. I also rewatched Grave Encounters, I think this movie is more of a comedy than a horror.