PDA

View Full Version : Kids and colds

COB
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
My kids are healthy during vacations and the Summer but one of them seems to always be getting the flu or something that someone at school has.

Then around 3-6 days after the kid gets sick, ummm surprise... I catch it too, and so do the other kids.

Caught a cold -like thing this weekend. Yikes.

I wash my hands a lot, use bleach wipes on stuff, take vitamins, but then there seems to be that sneeze that gets by or something.

Gotta love it.

Hauntiholik
10-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I caught a cold too. That's why I made a pot of (from scratch) chicken noodle soup.

I hope you feel better!

creeepycathy
10-19-2011, 01:55 PM
My kiddo (a teacher; still lives w/us) brings home alot of colds, flu, etc... from her kids. She is a super freak/ seriously OCD about keeping her hands/ everything else clean. She practically sends the shopping carts through a car wash before she'll touch it. weird. I did not raise her to be that way. I tell her that you NEED germs to build up immunities. I won't hestitate to dig out in the yard all day, not wash my hands, then make myself something to eat. LOL And it must work... she's always sick and I can't remember the last time I had a cold. Of course, I'll wash my hands before I make her/ someone else something to eat. Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't. That way I can help her build her immunities. LOL

Watari
08-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Yup. My kids bring home colds from school all of the time. I am hoping this is something they will grow out of. And, as they get older they will realize what makes them sick, and who, and stay away from them!