Register
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

What is the BEST movie?

What is your favorite horror movie of ALL TIME?

Poltergeist is my fav. I love it. It still scares the crap out of me!

One of my all time favorite horror movies, even though it is low budget, is Slime City! It was releases in 1989 and was, to the best of my knowledge, written and directed by Greg Lamberson. Robert Sabin stars as the character Alex. He is a struggling art student who moves into an old apartment building. His neighbors seem slightly strange but tolerable. Roman invites Alex over for some "nourishment", which is supposedly Himalayan yogurt and wine. It turns out the yogurt is really ectoplasm and the wine is an elixir. It also turns out that all but one of Alex's new neighbors are actually possessed by the souls of people who committed suicide in the apartment building years ago, under the direction of a cult leader named Zackary. Shortly after the consumption of the ectoplasm and elixir Alex's personality begins to change. Alex's body is slowly being possessed by the soul of Zackary. Alex's flesh starts to undergo slimy transformations. Each time his flesh starts to melt he feels the need to kill someone after which his flesh returns to normal, temporarily. The physical transformations that Alex undergoes become more bizarre each time. The end of movie is incredibly weird! I won't give that away.

I just learned a sequel to Slime City was made in 2009. I have not seen it yet. If anyone has seen it I would like to know what they thought of it. The sequel is called Slime City Massacre.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Have not see Slime City. Just watched the trailer. I have not seen a lot of low budget flicks because of the yawn factor, but this one does look like I have to find time to watch it one day. Looks great with that 80's flick element that I love too.

Thanks for sharing.

Slime City looks good

I find I never ever tire of the original (NO REMAKES PLEASE!!!) Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and the very first SAW movie.
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Morticia View Post
    I find I never ever tire of the original (NO REMAKES PLEASE!!!) Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and the very first SAW movie.
    Same thoughts about remakes and with the sequels and prequels ; I only wathced the first SAW movie; the first Final destination, and the first Grudge movie,... and yep Nightmare on Elm Street is also my all time favorite it just never gets old

THE HAUNTING , SUSPIRIA , PSYCHO, and ALIEN are my favorite movies of all time , I love to watch them...