Register

Asian Horror Movies... Anyone?

I've browsed the horror Movie list and did not find any Asian Horror movie here... I'd love to suggest some good Asian Horror movies that you might find worth watching.

1. Shutter (Thai)
    2. The Art of the Devil (1,2 and 3)-Thai- the 2nd movie is not related to the first, but the cast were mostly the same. The 3rd movie is the prequel of part 2..
    3. Ladda Land (Thai)
    4. Feng Shui (Filipino)- Good story but I hated the screams of the lead actress.
    5. Sigaw (Filipino, it means Scream in English)- This story was remaked "The Echo" I guess because they cannot use "scream"lol... The US Version was starred by Jesse Bradford. The plot is good and I highly recommend it.

Please feel free to add Asian Horror movies you have watched.

Quote Originally Posted by sitti View Post
    I've browsed the horror Movie list and did not find any Asian Horror movie here... I'd love to suggest some good Asian Horror movies that you might find worth watching.

1. Shutter (Thai)
    2. The Art of the Devil (1,2 and 3)-Thai- the 2nd movie is not related to the first, but the cast were mostly the same. The 3rd movie is the prequel of part 2..
    3. Ladda Land (Thai)
    4. Feng Shui (Filipino)- Good story but I hated the screams of the lead actress.
    5. Sigaw (Filipino, it means Scream in English)- This story was remaked "The Echo" I guess because they cannot use "scream"lol... The US Version was starred by Jesse Bradford. The plot is good and I highly recommend it.

Please feel free to add Asian Horror movies you have watched.
    I remember the movie "the maid" I was in Singapore at the 7th month movie so everyone was expecting a good scare... It was cool because when we were at the movie theathre there were a couple of school girls screaming rushing out of the toilet.. later on we found out that there was a lifesize poster on the wall that gave people really really good scare that most of them just run out of the toilet as soon as they saw it. I don't mean to be harsh but I guess it was an effective marketing scheme for a horror movie, though life size posters were removed due to numerous complaints.

I used to like Asian horror very much... but then as years pass by I don't see much variation in their plot that it became really boring for me to watch these types of flicks. But if I would have to add a good one to your list I would choose Ju-On, (the first one, I hated the sequels) it was the real first Japanese horror movie I liked because I was bored with "the ring"...

I started getting bored with asian horror because they suddenly fell into these stereotypes
    1. a remake or a sequel of a previous hit.. like.. "Movie title"+10
    2. a curse that is preading either via; videos, phone calls, text, or email.
    3. the number 2 will trace back to the story of an introvert child that can be either an illegitimate child or a person with isability that is abused by family members.
    4. that child is ussually killed and dumped to a well; undergound; in a cabinet, in the ceiling.
    5. that victim is out for revenge and will kill even the innocent ones,

I think we need some variations... these plot are getting too predictable