Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's talk about different folklores guys.

Hi there everyone, what is your favorite urban legends or folklore characters? Let's make this one interesting..Shall we?

Have you heard about "Pontianak"? In Malaysia, and the Philippines. The creature "Pontianak" is believed to exist in real by certain individual and it is considered a legend by some. The origination of the word "Pontianak" is unknown. In Malay "anak" means child but the word "ponti" is unknown.

The legend says "a Pregnant Woman died from giving birth to a child, for some reason she hated men. As she was dying with her child, she cast a curse in the air swearing she would kill anyone especially Men.

Normally she is seen at the road side or under a tree. She has long hair. Sometimes she appears young and beautiful to attract male victims. After the victim falls in her trap, she will turn ugly and old with sharp teeth. Attacks would be based on claws, and defense probably on leaping or footwork. She is believed to feed on intestines and blood. "Pontianak" is believed to be attracted by child birth when there is a plenty of blood flowing out from human body. In the olden days, measures are taken by the people to prevent the vampire from coming during child birth. She is believed to be scared of thorns.

warzone says.
    Last edited by Warzone; 12-19-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warzone View Post
    Have you heard about "Pontianak"? In Malaysia, and the Philippines. The creature "Pontianak" is believed to exist in real by certain individual and it is considered a legend by some. The origination of the word "Pontianak" is unknown. In Malay "anak" means child but the word "ponti" is unknown.

The legend says "a Pregnant Woman died from giving birth to a child, for some reason she hated men. As she was dying with her child, she cast a curse in the air swearing she would kill anyone especially Men.

Normally she is seen at the road side or under a tree. She has long hair. Sometimes she appears young and beautiful to attract male victims. After the victim falls in her trap, she will turn ugly and old with sharp teeth. Attacks would be based on claws, and defense probably on leaping or footwork. She is believed to feed on intestines and blood. "Pontianak" is believed to be attracted by child birth when there is a plenty of blood flowing out from human body. In the olden days, measures are taken by the people to prevent the vampire from coming during child birth. She is believed to be scared of thorns.

That's similar to Vampire stories except it has dead baby... quite scary, yeH..

How about Bloody Mary, i remember when we were kids every Halloween, saying Bloody Mary in front of Mirrors are the creepiest dare.

True, Bloody Mary would be one of the scariest urban legend characters i could remember. The dare about doing bloody mary in front of the mirror is something i would not ever ever do in y life.

Hey i have read about Pontianak too, it is a creepy story. It says it hunts MALES only. It'll approach you like a sound of a CAT or a BABY's cry which will invite you to come find it and then BAM! they say it'll EAT OUT YOUR BALLS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUWhaaatt! A vampire that eats your balls? eat like for breakfast? Oh...cant she just suck them instead? LMAO!

That's one sexist vampire bitch. What about the Boogieman?....woooooooooooooo.....

Hey HallowQueen, aren't you that old witch from the movie Drag Me to Hell? Yeah its you!

Its her people, its her..Beware of her, do not scream when you see her coz she would throw up in your mouth.

I have always been fascinated by the Headless Horseman. I think its a very scary creature that lurks in the darkness. You may have seen it in the movie "The Sleepy Hollow" which starred Johnny Depp. A very good movie.