Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Who is your favorite macabre cartoonist?
Register

Who is your favorite macabre cartoonist?

The first one that comes to my mind is Charles Addams, the godfather of goth! Next, but a real challenger for the lead in my book is Gahan Wilson.
    Our paper started a strip called "Lido" which is about a little boy with monstrusly gothic tastes. Can't think of the artist's name, but he was obviously influenced by Wilson.
    I'd also put Jack Davis in this category. Even at his most horrific, his drawings were imbued with humor. Ditto "Ghastly" Graham Ingles.
    Frank Deitz's monster characatures are classic.

Can you think of others that you'd put in the list?

Terrance Zdunich (Repo Fame) is doing a grpahic novel (12 Chapters)called The Molting
    I have really loved his dark twisted sense of humor since meeting him @ a Repo shadowcast show couple years back. His blogs are brilliantly dark, his artwork wonderful .. but his story telling of "Guilty Suzie" is as fun as it comes in horror/twisted world
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

Administrator
    Nice. I just checked him out at http://www.terrancezdunich.com/home.html

He is right up our alley as well..just twisted as all get out Really fun to chill with . The man has alot more talent then just Repo..which in itself is pretty twisted LOL
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

Old skool here Ralph Bakshi !

There's an online comic by Lee Adam Herold called "Chopping Block...because serial killers are people, too."
    Follows the many "everyday" misadventures of Butch R. Mann.

It's just...wrong...in the most hilarious of fashions.

Here's a fine example:
    http://choppingblock.keenspot.com/d/20030811.html
    "Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
    ~Professor Ashfield