Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Horror Movie you ever saw

Ok.....like most everyone here, I love horror movies. Im wondering what was the first horror movie you can remember seeing ? Mine was the original black and white version of The Hills Have Eyes.
    HalloweenDan

One of the first horror films I can remember from childhood is "The Wizard of Mars". Some people would say that it is a science fiction film. I feel that science fiction and horror frequently overlap and I like it that way. It is certainly a low budget film and many people would ridicule it for this reason but I liked it when I was a child and I still like it today because it maintains a weird, spooky and mysterious atmosphere for it's entire length. A teem of astronauts are forced to make an emergency landing on Mars using an escape pod. After landing they follow a mysterious radio signal in the hope it will lead them to the "main stage" of there space craft which has a supply of oxygen. Instead of finding the main stage they find a road of golden brick which leads to an abandoned city. The walls of this city are lined with cylindrical columns. The columns turn out to be capsules in which the inhabitants of the city have entombed themselves alive for countless thousands of years. Time has ceased to flow within the city. The astronauts are instructed on how to set time flowing again by repairing a device which looks like a large pendulum clock, "a symbol of time universal to all races". The astronauts restart time and the city begins to decay rapidly. There is something about the atmosphere of an ancient or abandoned city that I find incredibly interesting. I still think this is a great movie in spite of it being low budget and a little silly in places.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I think that I may have seen part of that movie (but not the whole thing). I like your taste seems a little non-mainstream that is probably a really really good thing.
    Just need more time in the day to watch movies ...and rest....and watch movies

Night of the Living Dead & The Exorcist. Still think that The Exorcist is one of the most frightening movies of all time !!

Blog Entries
    I think my first horror movie was a made for tv film called "Dark Night of the Scarecrow".
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Freddy Krueger. I was only 7 at the time, but my older step sister had rented it and I wanted to see it. I had nightmares for weeks afterwards, but couldn't tell my dad or else my sister would have gotten in trouble. Ha ha, good times

I saw Dark Night of the Scarecrow recently, for the first time, on Youtube. I thought it was a well done suspenseful thriller with good actors. Slightly supernatural. A mob murders a mentally handicapped man believing he harmed a little girl. He actually saved the girls life. The man was hiding inside a scarecrow when the mob shoots him. As the movie progresses each person involved in the murder is killed, apparently in revenge for the murder. Obviously the mentally handicapped man could not orchestrate these murders.

I will have to watch it again, I don't remember exactly how the movie ends. It seems to me that it is implied that the spirit of the handicapped man is still befriending the little girl, who was a playmate.

It's a good movie!

I live in my haunt 411 N. Carroll St. Mount Carrol, Illinois 61053
    Vincent Price's "House Of Wax!" IN 3-D!!! Glasses on the face! SCARY!! , I duck down behind the seat, the glasses leave my face! They are on the floor....someplace!?
    I think I may have only actually seen about 10 minutes of this movie that time! I kept ducking, the glasses kept falling to the floor! (My nose was not long enough or large enough to help keep them on!)
    The next one was probably "Invaders from Mars", is that right? The movie with the saucer in the sand pit? This movie REALLY affected me! It was that "Dream" ending, they couldn't defeat the Martians (OH, No!) it all just ended because it was ALL just a dream, the kid looks out the window .. and sees another saucer landing!!??
    What is "Real?" What is "Fantasy?" Can they merely swap very quickly if needed ? Quite the bubbling busy head from these movie-inspired applications of old Holly wood!
    When I was very young, my parents took me to see a movie almost every night of the week! (Mostly "Westerns")

My Dad took me to see my first horror movie when I was about 5 or 6. It was Vincent Price's The Pit and the Pendulum. Hooked ever since! And Jim, don't even get me started on the original Invaders from Mars. lol I saw it on TV. I remember having nightmares for weeks and constantly asking everyone to show me the backs of their necks! LOL

Night Of The Living Dead on channel 32 in Chicago when I was 5.