Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scary but not slasher

Is anybody like me where I do not really like slasher flicks? I love movies like Devil and other ones where nothing is really shown. Anyone else?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I can appreciate that. Just watched Paranormal Activity. It is what you do not see that is also the best.

Janet: I am kind of like you. I don't think horror movies have to be gory to be enjoyable. Suspense and atmosphere are much more important to me than the ultra realistic gore that is portrayed in some films these days. I can tolerate a little gore and even enjoy it as long as it is obviously special effects. One of my favorite horror movies is "Slime City", It has gory scenes that are highly detailed and very interesting from a special effects point of view but the scenes never appear so realistic that one would actually believe it was real. The same could be said about the film "The Thing", "Evil Dead", "Night of the Living Dead" and it's sequels, even "Hell Raiser". I won't mention the names but I have seen several films in recent years that I found to be extremely repulsive, even sickening, but not at all spooky or scary but they were still labeled as horror films, unfortunately. It is certainly possible to make a great horror film with out any depiction of violence or gore at all. And it is nice to know other people feel this way.

Great to hear from you. Is this it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0234748/
    That does look interesting. I will watch that somehow.

Good list of movies. I do like all of them. At first I made fun of Night of the living Dead but then became a fan.

I'm all for suspense and creepiness but gore is my life and I love it !!!

Do you have a favorite Horror Queen?

Blog Entries
    I don't care for guts and gore just for guts and gore. I love a scary movie - an unpredictable scary movie.
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I liked the first nightmare on elm street. . Great movie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by COB View Post
    I liked the first nightmare on elm street. . Great movie.
    after the first movie the rest became formulaic and not scary. You knew what was going to happen.
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. The first one seemed like a "real" movie to me. The others almost B movies.