Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanx, COB. and thanx for the welcome. Took me a minute to realize COB had nothing to do with corn. duh, I'm so blonde. LOL

Ya'll let me know if you want me to post more pics. LMAO I should start a new thread...' creeepycathy's crap'. LOL

BTW_ If y'all have a Habitat for Humanity Restore in your area, they ARE fantastic places to find prop makings!
    Last edited by creeepycathy; 06-03-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Great picture Cathy!
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Blog Entries
    We don't have a habitat for humanity near us but Goodwill is great for finding treasurers.

We found a Van de Graaff generator for $20!
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Wow! that is awesome Hauntiholik!!! And great score!!!

Dang, I can't beat that. Let me go build something... LOL

Blog Entries
    My favorite prop has to be my posible skelletons..I will post a picture from last year soon!

Last couple of years, my favorite prop has been my floating faux candles - PVC pipe, with LED tealights, "dripping" wax (hot glue)...I string fishing line about 8'-10' above my yard, and hang the candles from black thread randomly around the yard.
    After dark, the fishing line and thread is pretty much invisible, and breezes make the candles sway and bounce (since the fishing line is tied and interwoven together, when one candle moves, it makes all the others bounce a little - with all of them moving, the bounce seems more random).

I'll position a witch in the center of the yard, with a spell book and work table with potion components, and a fog machine nearby - all works very well together, and people love it.
    "Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
    ~Professor Ashfield

Joe that sounds AWESOME! and CCAthy your yard looks terrific, love the shutters
    Haunt--you are so talented! So mechanically inclined it is so cool
    I love looking at everyones stuff..I am the prop making IMPAIRED. Spirit Halloween is my friend, lol..as are my friends and family that give me gifts to do with halloween for my birthday and Christmas I get alot of cool stuff for a fraction of the cost Nov. 1st. When I pull em out in September its like xmas as I forgot I had them
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

Blog Entries
    Morticia - if I had oodles of money burning a hole in my pocket I'd fly you out here for the weekend. 20 haunters will be doing a make 'n take marathon weekend where we'll be making PVC candles, carving tombstones, sculpting & casting latex appliances and a building pneumatic prop spitters.

20 haunters + liquor + power tools + no supervision = good time

oh dear girl that sounds right up my alley of DEFINITELY NEEDED at the moment I will understand if no pics are taken, muwhahahahaha..what fun
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

That should be one hell of a weekend, Haunti - keep some surgical tubing in your toolbox for the off chance someone hits an artery with something sharp...loads easier and less messy than direct pressure. Just make certain to loosen the tourniquet every 10-15 minutes or so, to allow blood to flow to the limb so nothing begins dying from lack of blood flow. Shouldn't take more than that to get to a hospital anyway, or at least get EMT's to the joker who sliced themselves open.

Just a thought that came to mind regarding huanters, booze, and power tools...carry on!
    "Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
    ~Professor Ashfield