Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone like to play horror games?

There's a spot for Horror TV and Horror Movies, but not games. I'm not sure how many horror games that are out there, but my favorites have got to be the Silent Hill games, the Fatal Frame games, and this new game that I just learned about called "Amnesia: The Dark Descent." Amnesia is an interesting game because it's not about killing things, but just surviving the game. It tells you in the beginning of the game that it's best to play in the dark with headphones, and although I don't own it yet, I've heard you can't play it more than ten minutes at a time. Crazy!

Anyone else like to play horror games?
    "So why care for these petty obsessions? Your designer heart still beats with common blood."

Blog Entries
    Not really, but I used to play Ravenloft!

I must remember this so I can walk in your room and watch you cling to the ceiling when I scare you MUWhahahahahaha
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

One game I used to enjoy playing was "Alice" by American McGee - a very disturbing twist on the Alice in Wonderland theme, where she had to fight her way through a demented Wonderland and all sort of creatures. The Cheshire Cat in that game was just so damn cool.

Well, they've just come out with a follow up to it - Alice, Madness Returns.
    It's for the PC, the Playstation 3 and XBOX360. I haven't had a chance to play it yet (just released a few days ago), but I know I will eventually.

Might be one everyone here could enjoy - twisted, demented, dark.
    "Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
    ~Professor Ashfield

Blog Entries
    Wish i could find a decent horror game nowadays! everythings crap -.-
    Gabriel Kazi-G

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkWylde View Post
    Wish i could find a decent horror game nowadays! everythings crap -.-

Depends on what you're looking for.. Amnesia is pretty good, but the quality isn't all that great.

I've recently watched people play FEAR 2 and FEAR 3... The graphics of that game is awesome, but I don't think FEAR 3 is all that scary... I've been told there's another sub-game to the second one that is scarier, but I haven't gotten to play/watch someone play it.

Also, if you have a ps2, it's definitely worth investing in the Fatal Frame games. My personal favorite is the second one.

Hope that helps a little!
    "So why care for these petty obsessions? Your designer heart still beats with common blood."

Silent Hill for sure, best horror game of all time, cant wait for Downpour!!!!
    Jrake ~~ The Ice Angel of Sorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jrake View Post
    Silent Hill for sure, best horror game of all time, cant wait for Downpour!!!!

Yes! The second Silent Hill is my favorite!

Downpour? I haven't heard of that one. The one I'd LOVE to get is called Dead Island, but I'm not sure what you need to play it or if it's even out yet. But the teaser for the game was awesome.

Oh snaps, Second one is my favorite too, maria/mary is my favorite character in the whole series, she is just awesome and creepy, the story is too amazing. Yea, I reada bout it, it looks good, one monster is like a mannequin, hehehe.

Ooohhh, DEAD ISLAND!! I remember seeing that, thats going to be EPIC!!!
    Last edited by Jrake; 07-22-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: New stuff
    Jrake ~~ The Ice Angel of Sorrow

Hi - I've not played a huge amount of horror games but a few year back The Thing was released in PC and a few other formats. Wanted to play it but never did. Some of the original Half Life and Half Life 2 scenes were pretty freaky but it's not the same as sitting on the sofa scared out of your life!