Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does enyone read horror

I never read books. But I love watching movie and TV. So I never read the horror books.

Is anyone else like this too?

Of course horror films are great, especially if the atmosphere and special effects are good. Reading good horror stories is also great. I would recommend reading anything by H. P. Lovecraft. His writing has directly influenced many horror film makers! Even though I love to read Lovecraft I am a slow reader and don't always have time to read so I frequently listen to audio recordings of horror stories. Here is a link to a pretty good audio recording of an H.P.Lovecraft story called "The Haunter of the Dark", If you like it you may want to read some of his other stories. In any event this is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI8CsDs548o

Audio recordings is a good idea. I may have to listen to some in the car.

Excellent.

I read horror books and mags all the time. Movies are great but I enjoy seeing what my imagination can come up with while reading.

Any good horror magazines that anybody recommends?

I didn't try to read a horror book, but i love horror movies. It's a great ideea with book, i'll try one an share the experience after.

I LOVE to read.... I can't read horror, LOL..I get totally wigged. Last book I even tried was Pet Cemetery back in the day.. Got to where the cat came back and had to put it down.. I guess my imagination is just too much for me
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

Pet Cemetary is awesome

Blog Entries
    I'd rather read...no horror movie can do the book justice...ask Stephen King!

Quote Originally Posted by realitypixel View Post
    Of course horror films are great, especially if the atmosphere and special effects are good. Reading good horror stories is also great. I would recommend reading anything by H. P. Lovecraft. His writing has directly influenced many horror film makers! Even though I love to read Lovecraft I am a slow reader and don't always have time to read so I frequently listen to audio recordings of horror stories. Here is a link to a pretty good audio recording of an H.P.Lovecraft story called "The Haunter of the Dark", If you like it you may want to read some of his other stories. In any event this is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI8CsDs548o
    Lovecraft - now that's good reading.
    I've actually felt the hair on the back of my neck rise up with some stories...chills and everything. It's so easy to suspend disbelief due to the writing style, and feel as if these stories are journal entries and such, compared to fictional horror.
    "Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
    ~Professor Ashfield