Register

Thread: Being Human

Blog Entries

Being Human

A werewolf. A vampire. A ghost. Roommates.

So is anyone watching this one? It was a pretty popular series in England, and so there is now an American version.

Have you seen either? Have you seen both?

Blog Entries
    I've only seen the teaser commercials on BBC America - I'm a Doctor Who fan.
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Blog Entries
    Then how do we get you to a StarFest??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    Then how do we get you to a StarFest??
    Me or Jim?
    I used to be a regular at Starfest until the prices got out of hand.
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntiholik View Post
    ...BBC America - I'm a Doctor Who fan.
    Likewise - good choice!

(began watching him in the early '70's in Ireland - used to scare the crap out of me! I was 6 years old at the time, and some of those monsters were pretty disturbing. I lost interest in the 80's and 90's, as it was just horrible - picked up interest again a few years ago with the introduction of the 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston), and the effects and writing were sooooo much better)
    "Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
    ~Professor Ashfield

I 've seen the commercials... Reviews were it was a bad rip off of the british version I am really bad at watching TV (Except The Walking Dead) during the actual season it is airing..Commercials drive me insane because I am netflix spoiled.

I really dropped off the science fiction/ fantasy lit radar few years back..life hit me just too hard I guess, lol..Plus I still have daughter's latest book to read. If you all haven't read her first S.I.R.E.N. available on Amazon.com I suggest you pick it up..It was a treat for me, I am sure even more so for you Sci-fi fans Good science fiction story, sequel soon to be published also
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

Blog Entries
    I only saw some of the original BBC show on YouTube. I have seen the entire first season of the American version. I have noticed that when a series gets remade, there is no way to please fans of the original. If it's too similar, it's a rip off. If it's too different, "they ruined everything". Therefore, when I heard there would be an American version, I decided to watch that first, in hopes it would be more fair.

YouTube and Hulu are my only "TV". Just easier.

Anyway, I liked some of the themes explored in the series, though I wish the werewolf had been more practical effects rather than CGI. The "Zombie Sally" makeup was, I thought, spectacularly well done. All in all, you take the inevitable made-for-TV coincidences and deus ex machina for what they are, and I think the show is better than much other "SyFy" channel tripe.

Oh - and I will look into S.I.R.E.N. I am almost finished with the Dresden series, so that will create a vacuum for a good book to fill.

Well Just Jim Maybe I will sit down and give this show a shot See, I trust the opinion of my fellow Haunters on these matters MUCH more then I trust critics, LOL--Especially when it comes to TV & Movies. I will need some Summer watching

Oh man TV-- I really can't stand it.. I am old enough to remember that when cable was NEW we were told- we PAID for cable, so we didn't have COMMERCIALS... One of my Favorite Shows, "Supernatural" has gotten me to the point I either Tape it or DL it. I don't do alot of movies or shows on TV, period.

Thanks on the shout out for S.I.R.E.N. I am pretty proud of her it is a damn good book. She has the sequel written (I proof read it for her, it was also AWESOME) but she hasn't gotten it available for sale yet ( She has fans waiting, dern kid, LOL..She is not a "partier" or anything, she is taking Summer College classes, been working, etc;--I'll have to light a fire under her
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

Ive heard about this show but havent seen it yet