Register
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Cheap projector solution?

I think with my decorations this year I want to have a video background.

I need a cheap but decent solution for a projector where I can play a DVD.

Does anybody have a good solution?

Blog Entries
    Cheap doesn't usually mean great. Does it have to have a built in DVD player or can you hook up an external player?

I've purchased my projectors from ebay. The higher the lumens the better the picture quality in the darkness which is important if your display is outside.

Last year I hooked up an AppleTV to one projector. The other had a laptop connected to it.
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Cool. I was not thinking of having a built-in DVD player. Either way would be good though. I hear ya about quality. I sure do not want to waste money on crap.

I may just check out ebay for this too. Thank ye

Blog Entries
    Another thing to consider is the bulb. If you find a projector on ebay, look up the specs about the model to see how many hours the bulb should last. You'll want to get a unit with some life left on it.

Make sure that there is a return or refund policy from the seller. One of the unit I had bought was not working (only displayed red images) even though they claimed that worked well so I returned it and got a 100% refund.
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort