Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Putting things out later because of theft?

Does anybody find themselves putting things out later than before because of stuff getting stolen?

These assholes that steal suck! I read about it way too much.

Blog Entries
    I only put stuff out on Halloween because of theft a few years ago.

I don't see it as a negative thing though. Having the display up for only one night a year makes it seem magical in a way.
    This summer my cars got egged. If kids are going to be jerks then I'm not going to put homemade props out to be stolen or vandalized.
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Good way to look at it. I would love for it to be legal to booby trap things where thieves get what they deserve. If only razor wire was legal (at least it is not legal here for personal use).

This year, I started setting up earlier than normal.. Sept 21. But only because me and another member on another forum had a friendly competition to see who could get set up by Oct. 1.
    As the years go by, I have become less paranoid about thieving. Mostly because I'm sick of looking at the same ole' props and want to change my entire haunt . If someone were to steal it, I hope they take it ALL. lol Then I won't have to store it.

A few years ago, someone stole a stuffed dummy w/ mask from the front yard. Thought it was pretty funny. Me & the neighbor got inebriated the next night, dressed up as stuffed dummies and waited for them to come back and try to steal us. If we hadn't been laughing so hard it may have worked. lol

And we've had people come into the yard during that 'other holiday' and re-arrange some reindeer so they appeared to be breeding. That was hilarious! LOL

Well,,, I got hit last night. Someone came into the yard and stole my Jigsaw puppet. What can ya do......
    hope they enjoy it as much as I did. lol

Blog Entries
    Oh no Cathy!
    I don't know what it is about me that makes people think I want to hear their problems. Maybe I smile too much. Maybe I wear too much pink. But please remember I can rip your throat out if I need to. And also know that I am not a hooker. That was a long, long time ago. ~ Pamela Swynford De Beaufort

That totally sux for both of you Haunt & creepy!!!
    This year, I dunno I have been very, very edgy.... I did have the mail box totaled the other night. See problem here in the hood is the houses that aren't selling, they are rented..Now they usually turn over, within a couple months time, but usually pretty undesirable tenants...other problem is right behind us is fixed income housing, in other words you have to make UNDER a certain income to live there..not that there is anything wrong with that at all..but the kids tend to run the streets like a pack of animals, noT KIDS.

I have been totally on edge since someone took out my mailbox. I know it was deliberate, soooo
    - And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.

sorry to hear about your mailbox, J_M.
    Have had my mailbox 'moved' along with the post it sits on. Someone took it out of the ground and placed it in the ditch across the street. Thought it was kinda comical. But have, also, had it smashed a couple of times. Not so comical. One time someone pinged up our mailbox (and quite a few neighbor's mailboxes) with golf balls. I sent an e-mail out to all my neighbors to toss the golf balls in my yard if they didn't want them. (But to please not throw them at the mailbox. lol) I figured hubby could use them. lol
    Unfortunately, around here, it's not a surprise when something is vandalized. Sometimes I wish I didn't love my German Shepherd so much so I could put her out in the front yard to take care of the people that do it. But, I like her inside with me.

Blog Entries
    Used to live in a hood where you could not leave your trash can out because it might be stolen, so I would take the day off...set up the yard all day and then once the TOTers died off, I took it all down..within minutes!

dang, greenman, that is some serious thieving there. sorry to hear that.

Good News!!!! One of my ToTers, last night, informed me who stole my Jigsaw Puppet. heh heh heh.... The day I discovered it stolen, I'd put a 3' x 5' sign out by the road that read 'Stolen! Jigsaw Puppet. Please return'. I figured the thief was probably a kid from a nearby subdivision. I was correct. And I hoped everyone would see the sign then know he stole it. It worked. The ToTer also told me that he had planned to return it a couple of nights ago. Unfortunately, he hasn't yet.
    So, I'll change my sign to read: 'Luke, I want to play a game.'........ evil, wicked laugh.....